The top two reasons people aren’t sure about how to choose the right cleaning service are:
1. They’ve worked with a cleaning company in the past and had an awful experience that they want to avoid in the future.
2. They have never worked with a cleaning service and want to make sure they are choosing a trustworthy company that will do a terrific job for them.
For either one of these issues, the professionals at Reality Source Cleaning recommend you take some time to research first to help you narrow down to the top two or three services available in your location. You can then contact each company for an interview and schedule an initial appointment for a cleaning company to visit your home or business. This process will help you find the perfect cleaning service for your home or business cleaning needs.
How to Find Cleaning Services to Interview:
- Go to your favorite search engine and search for “Cleaning Services” and then add the name of your city to narrow down to companies that are available in your area.
- Visit the websites of the several of the cleaning services that come up in your search. Look for testimonials, listings of services provided and other information that will tell you they might be a good choice.
- If you find information on the cleaning service’s website that make them look like they might be a good choice, do another search. This time use their company name and “reviews”. For example, “Reality Source Cleaning Reviews”. You will find reviews from reputable resources such as the Better Business Bureau.
- Keep a list of the top two or three cleaning companies that have good ratings. These are the services to call to set up an interview with.
Important Interview Questions to Ask:
- Does the cleaning company use their own products and cleaning equipment? If so, what products do they use and how do they sanitize their equipment before cleaning your home or office?
- Are there any special pricing for your type of residence of business? Some companies will charge more depending on stairs, size of space to clean or charges for specialized cleaning such as for someone with severe allergies.
- Can you count on having the same cleaning person or team show up every time so you can build a solid partnership with them?
- What hours and days are available to schedule appointments and what is the cancellation policy?
- Do you have to sign a contract?
- Are they bonded and/or registered with the Better Business Bureau to have some sort of accountability to further assure you of how trustworthy they are?
- Do they have discounts for scheduling regular cleaning services in advance?
- Do they offer emergency cleaning services or special occasion services?
You might have other questions too. For instance if you prefer green cleaning products, you might want to ask if their products are 100% green. Or, if you have pets or other special considerations you will want to ask them about how they work around those situations. Having a list of these questions on hand when you make the initial phone call will help you remember the most important questions you want to have answered.
When a service visits your home or business to discuss your cleaning needs, pay attention to how comfortable you feel with them and how proactive they seem to be about addressing your unique needs. They should be able to point out how they will take care of any specific problem areas and let you know what to expect and all pricing should be laid out clearly.
When you have been able to choose the right cleaning service, you will be amazed at how wonderful it feels to have free time to do the things you really want to do. You will have a gorgeously clean home or business for your family, coworkers and guests and will not have to worry about going behind someone else to finish a job that wasn’t done right. At that point you will wonder why you waited so long to have a cleaning service take care of all the dirty work for you.